On Monday, being a public holiday, I had promised some distant family peeps that I would be stopping by, and of course since I came back from London, they were expecting me to come back with at least chocolate and some other goodies, and trust naija and the one million friends and relatives we usually have, I had run out of stuff to give them, so my plan was to stop at a Cash Point and go to the supermarket to buy some stuff, they wont be able to tell the difference jare, no be the usual M &M, Sneakers and Bounty?
Anyhoo, as I got to the Cash Point, the mumu thing refused to work…only to find out that it was mumu me did not check my and my card had expired! There I was stranded, well a buddy of mine came through, DaVinci u do well o!
Chioma ooooooo! (my acct officer), please I need my new card.
Well, back to the main gist, imagine me in one of those 12 steps programs for addicts;
Me: My name is Di and I am aTV addict
Fellow addicts: Hello Di
I have recently come to the sad realisation that I am a TV addict, and I know some of you might say I am just being dramatic, but I know I got it bad when it comes to Television, and I really need to cut down on my viewing.
How to know you are an addict:
• You watch everything on TV
• You browse through channels, not for a specific program, but looking for anything to watch!
• You know all the series and shows on TV
• You talk about people on TV like you know them
• When you leave your house you think Joan Rivers and her Fashion Police crew are looking out for you!( you wish)
• You style you house the way they do on Style network
• You say things like "you remember that episode of….." (and not just on your favourite show but on ALL shows!)
• You forget birthdays of friends and family but always remember the date your DSTV subscription expires and you remember Kim Kardashian's birthday!
• You turn on the TV and cant even remember what it was you were watching
• You watch TV shows even if they have been shown a hundred times before
• You have to lie and cancel dates/appointments cos there is something on TV
• You set reminders on countless prog. There is always a reminder popping up.
• You watch three different shows at same time and they all make sense!
• You are reading this and mentally ticking the items you are guilty of and they exceed five.
• You are saying in your mind “this Dianah self this does not mean I am an addict na” (My dear, it means your own don finish, at least I am guilty of some of these and I admit)
• You know who Patrick Jane, Agent Gibbs, Horatio, Kim Kardashian, Guy Fieri, Paula Dean, Will and Grace, Van Vicker, Genevieve Nnaji, Jara, Selena Gomez, Cece and Rocky,etc (if you know all these people you are most likely an addict as these shows picked from random channels, na wa for you o!)
Anyway,i have identified my problem and the first step to correcting this addiction is by
Wish me luck guys, and tell me whats your addiction?