A few days ago, I was having one of those discussions that always come up when someone famous or wealthy dies, you know the usual who gets what, and someone said it doesn’t really matter how much you own, you still have to leave it all behind.
And that’s the honest truth, you might be buried with your gold and your diamonds, but seriously, You can’t possibly do much six feet under, years later someone could even come rob the grave…my point is, You Can’t Take It With You! Not your cars, your jewelries, your houses, your gadgets not anything else. Which makes me wonder why we try so hard to accumulate so much only to leave them all behind. I have never been much of a hoarder, I like nice things and try to buy as much as I can afford for myself and those I care about, but never buy stuff only to leave them lying around.It was my birthday two days ago, had lots of surprises showing up from all corners, one of my best birthdays till date, when it was all over, I sat down and did what I usually do…Make a birthday resolution.
Yeah, I know it sounds funny, but I seem to take my birthday resolution a lot more serious than I do my new year resolution. Last year for example, I said I was going to wear less black and greys , and wear heels (despite being 5"11) so have infused more colour in my life….this year I am moving on to more serious stuff, DISCIPLINE!
My birthday resolution is to be more disciplined, and I am not talking just morally but in all aspects of my everyday life.
I am not going to start anything without seeing it through.
- I started a workout regimen, I intend continuing,
- My relationship with God, no matter how late I am for work, I intend spending quality time with God each day.
- At work I also want to improve certain areas I have been slacking off on.
“The Classic Disciplines”
· Regular reading of the scriptures
· Seeking solitude
· Sharing the faith
· Confession and forgiveness
· PerseveranceA the end of the day, knowing fully well I cant take anything with me when I head out for eternity, the least I can do for myself is spend time on the things that can take me to where I would love to spend eternity, safe in the arms of God, hanging out with the Lord Jesus Christ , just chilling in heaven.
Make each day count for good!