· You have no conscience…hmmm, but then maybe if you have no conscience or spirit of discerning wrong or right you should actually read this.
I have never been anything close to a preacher, to be honest I don’t think I say much when it comes to spreading the gospel, but I love God/Jesus and I am always quick to let people know how much of his grace I enjoy, I am unapologetically a Christian. But, like so many others, there have been times I have fallen short and I always try to get back up. I hate wallowing in self pity or guilt, I really can’t stand the mental picture that forms in my head, let me try and paint the picture with words:
The devil with horns and a pitchfork standing over a whimpering, helpless personIts not okay for someone to push you down, but its even worse when they do push you down and you chose to stay down!
The inspiration behind this piece is actually stemmed from a place within, a deep desire to forgive/be forgiven and move on, far away from those things holding us back, and in the words of the legendary Michael Jackson, I am starting with the “Man in the Mirror” , ME!
I’ll breakdown my ever so random thoughts and you can share your thoughts in the comment section.How many of you have found themselves in at least one of these situations:
· You steal something so little, and you end up making up telling humongous lies to cover up
· You cheat in an exam and you make excuses such as we have bad teachers or they failed me· You bribe to get certain things done and you say “that’s how we do it in Naija”
· You make up silly stories to your partners so you can go on that “harmless date” with the office hottie.
· You make up stories to try and squeeze extra cash off your folks, even when you know they give you all they can afford.(typical silly kid thinking :if they cant take care of me, why did they have me?)
· You treat your helps/staff like slaves (they need you as much as you need them, else do the damn work yourself!)
· You think some people are beneath you so you treat them like dirt (the earth is beneath you too, try taking it for granted and walk on air!)
· You think its okay to litter the streets or mess up the office/public toilet (afterall its not your job to cleanup)
· You laugh at other’s misfortune because someone made a joke of it (I didn’t say it I only laughed, yeah right!)
· You think its ok to laugh when people mock God or make blasphemous jokes because God is merciful abi? Well, Newsflash! The same Psalm 140:8 that says “Plenteous in Mercy” also said “Slow to Anger”, so know that God is no pushover.
· You tell a seemingly innocent white lie, then you eventually end up feeding it with more lies and it keeps growing bigger and more complicated and you don’t even know how it got that bad!
· You start with a little petting, a little kissing, a little sex and a little baby…none planned!
I am not condemning anyone for saying “yes” to some of these situations listed, heavens forbid! I am just as guilty of these, but I learnt a long time ago from my big sis Abby (bet she doesn’t even recall), she once told me when I was about twelve that those times you fall short are the times you should get closer to God, I took it to heart and I never give up on myself, because the beautiful truth is this, God never gives up on you.
Falling is never the problem, staying down is. Move On! God isn't given up on you, you shouldn't either.
Have a lovely weekend, Make it Count for Good.