Saturday, 14 July 2012
Showdown in the Heartbeat,As Edo State Elects Governor
I am an Edo state indigene, and with my folks living in Benin and other family members there, I am actually more concerned about their safety than who wins the elections.(though I am rooting for Oshiomhole our action governor)
Anyhoo, more uniformed personnel have been sent to ensure law and order than the government has deemed fit to send to parts of the country getting the blasts every other week! Talk about misplace priorities. *smh*
The over 3 million people of Edo State will today decide who will occupy the Dennis Osadebay Government House seat as their governor.
Seven candidates are contending to become the governor of Edo state.
Those eyeing the coveted seat are:
1. Adams Oshiomhole of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN)
2. Maj.-Gen. Charles Airhiavbere (retd.) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)
3. Solomon Edebiri of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP)
4. Izevbuwa Roland of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC)
5. Andrew Igwemoh of the Labour Party (LP)
6. Mr. Paul Orumwense of the National Conscience Party (NCP)
7. Frank Onaiv of the Social Democratic Mega Party (SDMP)
However, all eyes will be on three candidates: Misters Oshiomhole, Airhiavbere and Edebiri because of their antecedents.